marlene's meal makeovers

marlene's meal makeovers
marlene on a mission

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Jamie Oliver's Fifteen Restaurant


Hello everyone....it's Devon here, Marlene's niece from the office of mmm. Since my aunt is still healing from her reconstructive surgery, she asked if I could post a blog about a picture I took of Jamie Oliver's restaurant called Fifteen in England while I was on vacation. I stumbled across this restaurant in Brighton and took a picture for my aunt (as she is a big fan) not realizing 'till now that this is no ordinary restaurant. Fifteen is a restaurant run through the Jamie Oliver foundation which gives young individuals who are often unemployed, homeless, or overcoming drug and alcohol addictions the opportunity to create themselves a career in the restaurant industry. It was named after the first fifteen interns that the Jamie Oliver foundation supported and it's profits go back to foundation to ensure that they can provide this opportunity to as many young people as possible. Interns get to work with leading experts in the field to get the necessary experience it takes to survive in the restaurant industry. For all we know maybe they cook once and produce twice! Before I go for those of you who are wondering how my aunt is healing she is doing great and starting to get back on her feet. I am sure she will be back in the sanctuary of her kitchen cooking up a storm soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment