marlene's meal makeovers

marlene's meal makeovers
marlene on a mission

Monday, June 28, 2010

Reconstructive surgery, how long

We always want more time and never seem to find it. Then there are the few times that we are given time and we just don't know what to do with it or can't wait till the next "event".

Reconstructive surgery, my DIEP Flap, it was recommended that I not lift or do anything strenuous for 6weeks. In the early weeks I just didn't want to do anything anyways...I was happy to sit back in my Mom's lazy boy and just watch a television show or take an extra nap.

It was at week 2 that I just had to "do something" and not just read and drink herbal teas all day. When I am reading this now how silly this is; I have been looking for the time to start writing notes for my new book, or journal in Dakota's book that I am saving for her and yet when given the time I just felt like I needed to be accomplishing something.

With DIEP Flap surgery you need to plan to relax, not lift small children and know that you have the support system, like I do, around you to assist. Plan to have many books, I actually knit cotton dish cloths and read the newspaper from front to back each day! Starting to take small walks in the first week and then some light activities, I truly had my grove in 3 weeks and did not lift, even my pots, for 6 weeks.

Please do me one favour if you are considering this time to recoup.....actually find a way to enjoy it and take the time to do what we should do after all that we have been through...just relax

Best Health
mm

No comments:

Post a Comment