marlene's meal makeovers

marlene's meal makeovers
marlene on a mission

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Reconstructive surgery post mastectomy...my journey

Humpty Dumpty back together again, this is how I am feeling now all put back together!

I have been discussing my journey through DIEP Flap surgery that I completed 6 weeks ago and trying to answer all the questions and queries with my personal decision and journey.
Many have asked about the look and feel since surgery, well it is not the same as my original breasts, but I love not having the prothesis. Still not ready to wear t-shirts or anything tight as I still need to lift my right breast for "balancing". I am feeling more comfortable each day with the new body....I believe this comes down to your expectations post surgery?

The surgery was over 10 hours and for me the recovery in the beginning was slow but I realized once I hit the 3 week mark that all started feeling better and my energy was improved, therefore allowing me to start physically moving and healing.

Tomorrow I will start the discussions on what happened post surgery, the tubes the stitches etc. and what my daughter was like when I came home

Keep me posted with any questions and again this is just from my perspective and how my journey continues .....but glad to share and be honest!!

Best Health
mm

No comments:

Post a Comment