marlene's meal makeovers

marlene's meal makeovers
marlene on a mission

Monday, July 12, 2010

Cucumber Salad


Good Monday!
I had unexpected company join us on Sunday and it was one of the best evenings I have had in awhile.

Are the unexpected guests more enjoyable than the one's we over plan and over stress about entertaining?

I believe that we should all start dropping in on each other......I do believe our kitchens would be full of great food, prepared together with great friends and family.

My good friend dropped in with her new boyfriend and he brought all the food. Two english cucumbers, one spanish onion, a bottle of whipped salad dressing and steaks. The cucumbers were washed but not peeled then thinly sliced, half the onion was thinly sliced and both were added to a bowl with salt and pepper. Just before serving he hit the dish with a few tablespoons of the whipped salad dressing(which I really don't even like) and it was great.....we ate the entire bowl along with our great steaks and a lovely bottle of red wine.

Dropping in on our friends and bringing the food....try it sometime I think you will wish it happened every weekend.

Best Health
mm

No comments:

Post a Comment