marlene's meal makeovers

marlene's meal makeovers
marlene on a mission

Thursday, July 8, 2010

mmm Cookbook


Yes another HOT day, but I promise not to just talk about the weather....so Canadian eh!

I wanted to share with you a very enjoyable meeting I had yesterday with another dynamic women and of course my favorite Niece Devon.

This lady, Julie, has just finished her treatments for Breast Cancer and our lives have crossed for like reasons.....to find a different career and lifestyle path for ourselves and our children and families. We met to discuss our partnership with a cookbook which we will be polling our Facebook fans for shortly on ideas and a vote for the cover you think would be best for our first edition.

Cookbooks for me are more than just about the recipe, I actually enjoy reading them.....I know that may be news to some. To me it is about getting to know the character, their journey and the people that surround them each day and make their lives what they have become......and of course what they love to cook along the way. This is my vision for our first book and I am certain that many of you that have already asked if there was a Marlene's Meal Makeovers book will be pleased to know that the "project" has taken flight.

Stay tuned for more updates on our endeavour and always love to hear your comments and ideas

Best Health
mm

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everyone,
    I am Julie, Marlene's new partner in crime for this exciting new project, a cookbook!!
    It has been my dream for many years to focus on my writing career but as many new moms can attest, once children enter the picture, often our dreams are put on hold.
    Having taken various cooking, baking and food writing courses at George Brown College in Toronto, I have had a keen appetite for not only writing, but writing about something I love - FOOD!
    Now as a cancer survivor, what I prepare and eat has taken on a whole new meaning. Marlene is showing me how to combine great food choices while being able to plan ahead, just enough to stave off those last minute mealtime panics! We all know what I'm talking about!

    I'm excited to be part of this project and can't wait to start sharing bits and pieces as we go.

    More to come!!

    Julie Achtermeier

    ReplyDelete