marlene's meal makeovers

marlene's meal makeovers
marlene on a mission

Thursday, July 22, 2010

reconstructive surgery post mastectomy...my journey


Boxing my way to the next production!!! Well things have been crazy in the mmm test kitchen and my insane push to get in shape for the next productions since surgery, has certainly added another layer.

With the DIEP Flap surgery your stomach takes awhile to comeback. I have been almost 3 months and still struggle at the gym when required to use my ab muscles.....which is every exercise. My stomach is almost numb in some areas and my belly button (bee boop as Dakota calls it) has not gone back down or back inside. I have been given the okay by my Surgeon and was advised to continue using the belt(which your given during surgery to hold it all in place....kinda like Spanx).

So boxing is my new cardo till the fall when we train for my full marathon. My trainer Paula has got some radical "circuit training" program. Boxing seemed so symbolic of fighting a disease or fighting your way back....I can't say anymore or I will ruin our next production this fall

Stay tuned for more updates on this journey back to solid health and more activity, and keep enjoying this beautiful summer

Best Health
Marlene

1 comment:

  1. You have inspire me to be a little more creative with your training when i get back!!!!...see you SOON!!!!

    ReplyDelete